Lake Temperature Maps (Thermocline Maps)
The i-Boating application includes support for the lake temperature maps layer for inland lakes in US & Canada.
- Lake Temperature maps show variation in temperature accurate to 1 degree fahrenheit (0.5 degree celsius).
- Maps are color coded making it easy to identify lines where the temperature variation starts
- Easy to identify warm thermoclines (to find the best fishing spots)
- Actual temperature text can be toggled on demand
- The application supports showing temperatures in Fahrenheit, Celsius and Kelvin
Region supported for Lake Temperature Maps
Currently the i-Boating application includes support for lake temperature maps in US& Canada. (other regions coming soon). If you would like to see your region prioritized, please let us know.
How to enable Lake Temperature Maps?
Tap on weather and select “Lake Temperature”.
To change temperature unit:
- Tap on Weather -> Weather Settings
- Change temperature unit to Fahrenheit, Celsius or Kelvin
- Tap Save
Fishing Spots using Lake Temperature Maps
- The lake temperature maps can be used to identify warm zones in a lake. These tend to be productive fishing areas.
- Our lake temperature maps are designed to identify variations in variation in temperature accurate to 1 degree fahrenheit (0.5 degree celsius). These thermoclines are easy to eyeball in the map. These breaklines in temperature also tend to be productive for fishing.