Going Fishing? i-Boating has several features built-in just for you.
HD Contours and structure
- We have tried to include lake depth maps with 1ft/3ft depth contours for popular lakes. HD bathymetry layer is available to all our customers at no extra cost. If you do sonar logging yourself and would like to have them incorporated in the app, we are happy to work with you.
Fish Attractor Locations
- We have tried to included fish attractor locations, wherever available. We continue to work with our customers and partners to improve this layer.
Custom Fishing hotspots / way points
You can mark fishing spots on the map in multiple diffierent ways.
- Mark Fishing spot at current location
- Mark Fishing spot at any point in the map after aligning it with map cursor/cross hairs
- Mark Fishing spot using latitude, longitude (multiple different formats are supported)
- You can mark fishing spots on the map in multiple diffierent ways.
Share fishing hotspots across devices and with friends
- i-Boating is the only fishing app to support seamless sharings of fishingn spots, tracks and routes across multiple devices and platforms. Simply share your waypoints and open the shared file using the i-Boating app on your new device.
Adjust water level offset
- The water level at most reservoirs changes on a daily basis. We understand that and therefor i-Boating fishing maps include support for water level offset. If the water level drops simply add a negative depth offset under settings.
Standard navigation data
- We have tried to included Boat ramps, fishing piers, water access sites for most lakes. For larger lakes, we also try to include channels, streams, buoys, markers, navigation hazards, rocks etc.
- We support Vexilar Sonar phone for iOS devices (Android coming soon). Using this you can view Sonar images in real time on your device. With Sonar logging, you can create custom bathymetry maps for your lake.
Integration with AIS/NMEA devices
All i-Boating users have free access to NMEA features in the fishing app. You can connect to any any NMEA sources over UDP or TCP and view sensor data on your device. The following sensor data is currently supported.
- Sonar Depth
- Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Water Temperature
- All i-Boating users have free access to NMEA features in the fishing app. You can connect to any any NMEA sources over UDP or TCP and view sensor data on your device. The following sensor data is currently supported.
Salt water and fresh water lakes
- We provide seamless coverage for coast and inland fresh water lakes. Only app to include 25000+ fresh water and salt water fishing map in Canada and USA.