Automatic Boat Routing
i-Boating kernel now supports auto routing for boats. Given a boat's draft, it automatically finds an optimal route (avoid hazards, shallows and still shortest, fastest, minimum fuel) between two points that is safe given the boat's draft. If a route leg goes through a corridor that is not safe for the boat, it is marked in red color.
- Avoid Hazards, obstructions: i-Boating has a comprehensive database of hazards/obstructions. The routing algorithm will automatically ignore such dangers to navigation.
- Safe for Boat's Draft: i-Boating has one of the most comprehensive bathymetric database. This depth database is used to find a route (if such a route exists) where in all depths are higher than the boat's draft. In case such a route does not exist, the i-Boating application will mark such route legs with red color.
- Optimal: The i-Boating routing AI tries to find the best route in terms of distance, fuel consumption requirements and time, while still making sure that it is safe.
Multiple ways to choose end and start: The start and end destination can be selected in multiple ways:
- Select a point on Map
- Use Current Location
- Use an existing Way Point
- Multi Point Routing: The i-Boating application can compute route between multiple points in succession.
- Voice Activated Route Assistance: Route Assistance with moving map is also supported with automatically created routes.
- GPX Compatible: The automatically created routes can be saved in the route manager and exported as compressed GPX files.
Using Auto Routing with i-Boating
Auto Routing is supported in i-Boating on all platforms - Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS and Web.
To use auto routing, simply do the following:
- Press menu/more button and select Auto Route
- Select Start and End Point
The following annotaed screenshot where all the auto routing controls are in i-Boating.